I AM SO COLD. :( It’s about 45 degrees here. …I still don’t understand celsius. I also still can’t remember to look the right way when I’m crossing the street, so that’s kinda scary sometimes. I have to look both ways like 4 times before crossing and sometimes that doesn’t even work. But anyway, it’s really cold and rainy so it’s making me be lazy and unsocial because I don’t want to leave my dorm to go over to the other residence halls and see what anyone’s doing. Oh well. I saw a double rainbow today though. Actually, it was like 3 rainbows. There are LOTS of rainbows here. And they’re really long and bright. It’s really cool, I wish I had my camera on me today.
Today started the 2nd week of classes. I got to sand blast glass today. It kind of turned out not that great because it was the first time I’d done it, but there will be many more chances for improvement! My metals class is weird. We’re only doing one project for the whole semester. It has to be a food container for a specific food. I think I’m going to make a sushi container, because it seems like I could make that last for a whole semester if I get detailed enough.
Other than that nothing much new. We went to a free AFL (Australian Football League) game on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. It started out boring, but then it got really close and exciting. The final score was 108 to 104. The team we were rooting for won too. Yay!
I miss the food from home. The really easy, frozen vegetarian stuff I can just put in the microwave and eat fast. Here I actually have to plan real meals and go grocery shopping like 3 times a week and eat the stuff I buy before it goes bad. And everything is about twice as expensive than at home so I can’t even get really good stuff most of the time. I also miss my clogs and a real heater and WalMart and going to the gym and having a printer. And of course family & friends. It’s okay though, I’m still having an amazing time. :)
I guess that’s it for now.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Tell your mom to send you frozen veggie food in a care package!
Is that even possible?
Maybe in both our fantasies.
I subscribed to your blog (I think) and I made one for myself.
Have your parents wire you mula??
Oh honey... stay warm!!!! Can we send you food stuff in the mail???
xoxox
Cady
I've sent some boxes of rice and granola bars. Don't know if they got there but sending granola bars down under makes them cost about $5 each!!!!!
They say grass is the up and coming veggie!
Post a Comment