Sunday, June 29, 2008

In LAX

I'm in LA. It's currently 4:25 at home, 1:25 here, and 6:25am (the 29th) in Melbourne. It's all very confusing... all I know is that I've been awake for too long and LAX is the worst place to travel alone in for the first time. It's huge and VERY crowded and I couldnt find a place to sit at all or plug in my computer or anything. Finally I decided to pay to get into the Red Carpet Club to sit and use the internet and get some food but they wouldn't let me in because I'm not 21 yet. So then I left and cried... and let me say that crying in a crowded airport is one of the most embarrassing things to do, and I've done a lot of that today. Then my dad checked online and it said that you only have to be 18 to get in so I went back and they finally let me in. So I'm all settled in and relaxing and having some coffee and water and bananas... waiting until I board at 9 something (LA time).

The flight here wasn't bad. I slept for a good amount of it and then watched most of Definitely, Maybe, which was the movie they played. We flew over the Grand Canyon which was cool. It looked like a picture from a textbook.

I guess that's it for now. I might not have the internet for a week or two when I get to Melbourne so this could be it for a while.

I hope the rest of my trip goes much better than the earlier part of today did. I also hope that this trip is like having a baby... the joy of the outcome will make me forget about the pain of getting there.

No comments: