I'm leaving for Australia in 4 days and I read in my pre departure packet that I should keep a blog to keep everyone updated. I don't really know what to write...
My flight leaves for LA Saturday morning at 7:03 am... then I have a 12 hour layover. I guess I'm just going to sit around and read or sleep on the floor with my bags hooked to my arms. Everyone I talk to says I should be nervous about the layover in LAX. I don't really care though, i mean a 12 hour layover is the least of my worries when I'm leaving the country for 5 months with only one suitcase worth of stuff. Like the fact that if anything happens here I won't even be able to come back because the flight is so expensive, or that I'm going to a country that uses the metric system, which I don't understand. Or that when I show up in Melbourne someone is supposed to pick me up but I don't even know the person's name and if they don't show up I won't have a cell phone or even know how to dial a number in a foreign country.
I'm not even really nervous at all actually. It mostly feels a bit unreal. I've been waiting and planning for such a long time that it feels like it's never really going to come. Well, half the time at least. The other half I can't believe I'm missing the rest of the summer. Oh well, it will be so worth it.
Anyway, I feel silly writing this because I don't have anything to write yet.
BYE!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment