It’s been a long time!!! I’ve been so busy, but now that I think back, I’m not sure why. So much has been going on, but nothing extremely exciting. Art projects & papers that I should be spending more time doing, but instead I watch Star Wars & make pancakes. Ingredients are different here, so sometimes we get really flat or egg-y pancakes… it’s an adventure every time. The regular sized eggs are so small! And the jumbo ones are the size of our regular eggs and they’re brownish-red. The milk here tastes different in a not good way. Especially the skim milk. The mayo isn’t as thick, and is kind of sweet… and the only place you can find real ketchup is in McDonalds. I’m not really meaning to complain, just naming differences I never would have thought of.
Something else that shocked me was the fact that NOT everyone has seen Star Wars. No one understands why all the Americans love Star Wars, apparently it’s a geek thing everywhere else. And Macaroni & Cheese!!! I made it for dinner one night (from scratch in the oven, not box kind) and the girls I made it for had NEVER had Mac & Cheese! I was amazed!!! So then I felt very stereotypically American not being able to imagine people not having seen Star Wars & eaten Mac & Cheese.
I went surfing this past weekend in Torquey. It’s a famous surf town on the Great Ocean Road. It was fun. There were 17 of us who went & stayed in a hostel. We were the only ones in the whole hostel, so we got to be as loud as we wanted. We surfed in the rainy coldness, but it was really nice to be at & in the ocean. We had full wet suits & boots, so the only things that got cold were our hands, but after they went numb it wasn’t too bad. J I’ll put some pictures on here from it. It took 2.5 hours to get there, but it was worth it! I think I need to do some push-ups before I can get any better at surfing, because my arms were so tired from paddling & pushing myself up!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow sounds crazy! So do tell us...did the girls LIKE mac and cheese? To funny about Star Wars!
Love Mom
Hang on I just saw the pictures after I posted. Come home, you're to skinny!!!!
LM
Post a Comment