Sorry it’s been so long! I’ve been so busy!
I can’t believe I’ve been here for over a month. It’s crazy. I feel like i’ve been here forever and only a week at the same time. I’m surprised at how comfortable I am here, getting from campus to campus and going into the city on my own. The first semester at Arcadia I never did anything alone, now I don’t mind doing things alone at all… it’s nice.
I booked my flight for my Tasmania trip. I’m staying a night myself and then meeting the rest of the Arcadia people for 2 nights. I’m excited, but hopefully I can borrow a lot of stuff for that, like a rain coat or pants or anything that would be expensive and very hard to take home on a plane. I also booked a flight with my friend Sarah to Alice Springs, which is the outback, and we’re going to take a tour from there to Uluru (Ayers Rock). So we’ll probably stay in Alice Springs one night then go to Uluru and stay in hostels or camp there for 3 nights, and then go back to Alice Springs for a night and catch our flight home. That’s the weekend before I leave, and the Tasmania trip is the weekend before that… It’s going to be very busy!! I’m also planning on meeting some of the people I met at Arcadia’s orientation in Sydney sometime in September, otherwise I’ll probably go myself. I’m so excited about traveling. It’s crazy though, I’ve never spent this much money in my life! But, all of this might be a once in a lifetime chance.
Nothing too exciting is going on here… just classes and going into the city. I had a field trip on Friday to the Botanical Gardens. We had an aboriginal talk & tour. It was really interesting but it got really cold and miserable out so I wanted to leave as fast as possible.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How much are the tickets costing you?
Hey that's what winter break is for, work, work, work. Go for all you can now!!!
That is great news!!! Have FUN!!! Ben is so excited that you are going to Ayers Rock!
xoxo
Cady
You should write more
We want more!!!! Don't keep us haning, more please!?
LM
Post a Comment